Ready to turn in your application? Use this list to make sure your packet is complete:
- Application to graduate study, including the Application for Virginia in-state tuition
- Personal statement submitted with the online application
- $65 application fee
- Three reference letters should be submitted through the online application. It is strongly encouraged that references use the online application to submit their letters; however, they may also email their letters to GRADIMAG@vcu.edu. They must include your full name and the program you’re applying to in the subject line of the email.
- School of the Arts applicants are required to submit references online. Refer to the VCUarts How to Apply page for instructions on submitting references.
- Transcripts from each institution you attended are required to be submitted. Unofficial transcripts may be uploaded onto your online application; however, official transcripts will be required if you are admitted. Once submitted, transcripts may not be returned to the prospective student, or sent to other third-party entities.
- All official transcripts must be in sealed envelopes signed across the seal by an official registrar.
- All official transcripts in a foreign language must be accompanied by an official English translation.
- Prospective students who have studied outside of the U.S. must provide an official WES or ECE external credential evaluation as a required part of the admissions process. This report should be sealed and unopened, and sent directly to the Office of Admissions. All official transcripts and relevant credentials (e.g., diplomas and marksheets) will be required if admitted. All external credential evaluations should be no older than two years as of the official date received by the Office of Admissions. Once credentials and/or credential evaluations are sent to VCU, they will not be returned to the prospective student or sent to a third party.
- Official test scores, if required by your program. Scores must be directly reported to VCU by testing agencies. You can submit student copies pending receipt of official scores. An official copy must be received before a final offer of admission can be made. The school code for admission testing is 5570.
- Your resume, if requested by the department to which you are applying
- Any supplemental materials required by individual programs
- School of the Arts applicants required to submit a portfolio should refer to the VCUarts How to Apply page for instructions on submitting a portfolio.
- School of Education applicants for elementary or secondary education programs must take and pass the Praxis II and Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment in the semester prior to internship/student teaching.
- The deadline for internship applications is Sept. 1 for spring and Feb. 1 for fall. Those wishing to take Praxis II and VCLA exams should consult the test administration dates and test score reporting dates so that they have, in hand, their scores by the internship application deadline dates. Information on registration is available online at http://ets.org/praxis/register for the Praxis II and www.va.nesinc.com/ for the VCLA.
If you need to submit paper documents (such as official transcripts) once your online application has been submitted, mail your application materials to:
Virginia Commonwealth University
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 843051
Richmond, Virginia 23284-3051