Accepted student checklist
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, program and term of entry.
- Submit your tuition deposit if required through the myVCU portal. To access the portal, you will need your eID (see checklist item 4). For a list of programs requiring a deposit, click here. Follow these online payment instructions for students:
- Select the “Student” option
- Select the “Student Accounts” option
- Select the “Make a Payment” option
- Select the “eDeposits” tab along the top of the payment site
- Complete Deposit Payment for selected term
- Complete and return the applicable certificate of immunization to University Student Health Services as soon as possible. If you have any questions, contact the center at (804) 828-8828.
- Obtain your VCU eID. All accepted students are assigned an eID that authorizes use of VCU’s electronic services and Web applications, including the myVCU Portal, the wireless network, library applications and some departmental applications.Your eID also grants access to your eServices account, an online service that makes it possible for you to review your records online. You are encouraged to use eServices to register for classes, review and print bills and unofficial transcripts, review the status of financial aid applications and awards, and apply for graduation. For more information about your eID, review Technology Services’ eID FAQs.
- Set up your email account. Email is the official means of university communication with students and should be set up as soon as possible. Your email address is constructed using your eID (eID@vcu.edu) and may be created before registering for classes. For more information on VCU email, review Technology Services’ myVCUmail FAQs and process for setting up your myVCUemail account.
Register for classes online through eServices after your program director contacts you regarding advising, registration, special program information and department orientation activities. Once you have registered, you will receive regular correspondence about services, such as walk-in, phone and online registration. You are encouraged to take advantage of these services that allow you to register in advance but be billed at a later date. Please be sure to note final add/drop and withdrawal policies and deadlines. General registration information is available through the Student Services Center or at the Student Services Center located in the Office of Records and Registration at:Harris Hall
1015 Floyd Avenue, First Floor
Richmond, Virginia 23284
Phone: (804) 828-1349
- Obtain your VCUCard. Your VCUCard is your student ID and can be obtained during the first semester in which you are enrolled for classes. You should bring a picture ID and copies of your student schedule to verify your enrollment to the VCUCard Office at either of these locations:
Monroe Park Campus
Technology Administration Building
701 West Broad Street
Phone: (804) 827-CARD (2273)
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
1000 East Marshall Street, Room 311
Phone: 804-628-CARD (2273)
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Complete your application for parking subscriptions, available online through Parking and Transportation or from either of its offices:
Monroe Park Campus
Ackell Residence Center
1108 West Broad Street
Phone: (804) 828-8726
8th Street Parking Deck
659 North Eighth Street
Phone: (804) 828-7275
Avoid a processing delay by filling the application out completely. In order to be eligible for university parking privileges, the applicant must be a current student with a valid VCUCard and not have any outstanding university parking penalties or unpaid violations.
- Obtain housing. On-campus housing information is available from the VCU Residential Life and Housing Office at 711 W. Main St., Room 159 or (804) 828-7666. You may also contact Off-Campus Student Services for more information about off-campus housing options.